BLE custom service central+peripheral example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I want to connect 2 PSoC 6 devices over BLE and transmit serial data over a custom service.  Each device can be either the central or peripheral depending on the use case.  The custom service is only in the peripheral database and the central must discover it and enable notifications.  Is there an example project for this?  I only see a custom service example for the peripheral side in CE220167_BLE_UI.  I cannot find anything for the central side.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can you check CE222046? It has a custom GATT Client service (Throughput).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Jefferson,

Can you check CE215555 and CE215118 and see if that helps your requirements?

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes

These examples don't use any custom services for the Client.  I will try to copy the client code from existing services like BAS.  I tried to add a custom service for Client in PSoC Creator GATT Settings but there is no option until I added a profile like BAS first.  After I add the custom service I can remove the BAS.

0 Likes

Can you check CE222046? It has a custom GATT Client service (Throughput).

0 Likes

Thanks.  It looks like all the service discovery code was not used because we know the database handles already.  I will do the same for now because I only connect between my own devices.

0 Likes