About DFU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hiroki
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

hello, I run DFU using the android Cysmart app,but only occasionally succeeds. Almost stops at the notation "Executing Enter Bootloader Command..."

Which is worse ? Cysmart app or source.

Enviroment

CYBLE-416045-02

PDL3.1.5

Psoc creator 4.4 

CE220960

Android OS 12

CySmart ver 1.3.0.139

By the way,it works fine with iOS apps.

Thanks

hiroki

0 Likes
6 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

Could you please check with some other Android phones ? Also, check with Android OS 11 and 10.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi,P Yugandhar

Today,I received some phones.but they are android 9.I can't update to android 10 or 11. so I'm searching how to do update.I'll reply after solution.

Reagerds,

hiroki

0 Likes

Hi,P Yugandhar

Sorry I made you wait.

I ran it using  android 9~12.

Result

OK 9,10

NG 11,12

regards,

hrioki

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I'm seeing a similar issue using the CySmart GitHub source updating our PSoc6 based hardware.  I've attached a logcat of the failure. Seems to fail to set up notifications for the Bootloader service.  Sometimes the firmware update works but often it doesn't.  

This behavior is seen on a Pixel 2(Android 11) and Pixel 6(Android 12).  Using the iOS CySmart source it functions fine.

0 Likes
hiroki
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,P Yugandhar

Thanks for the reply.

Right now, the only other phone I have is Android 9. I tried it, but the result was the same.

But I think I'll be able to try it on 11 by the day after tomorrow, so I'll report back then.

Regards,

Hiroki

0 Likes
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

I have tested the PSoC6 BLE OTA example project in Android 12 device and it is working fine at my end, where I'm able to upgrade the OTA firmware.
I tested with Samsung Galaxy S10+ Android 12 device.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes