emWin_E-Ink_FreeRTOS example not starting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BoSc_1602471
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

I'm trying to run the emWin_E-Ink_FreeRTOS example with the CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

It's compiling and downloading without problem, but when I try to start it with the KitProg debugger or just by pressing the reset button, it does not start.

Whe I stop the debugger, it hangs in a loop:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Any ideas, which code it is executing there?

Strange part:

When I use Ozone and the JLink debugger, the code runs without problems when I start it through the debugger.

I'm using the ModusToolbox 2.1 out of the box ....

Regards

Bodo

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Bodo,

I ran the example as is and worked for me. Did you make any modifications to the code example or running it as is? If yes, please let me know what changes you did.

If not, after programming, the application should run and you should see the E-Ink display come on without needing to press the reset button.

Nevertheless, when you debug your application, you seem to be stuck somewhere during startup. You don't seem to be reaching main.

pastedImage_0.png

Have you run any application before on this kit using ModusToolbox? Please check the back of the box of the kit to see if you are on an older revision of the kit. As mentioned below, Rev*C and above only work with ModusToolbox. 

pastedImage_1.png

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Bodo,

I ran the example as is and worked for me. Did you make any modifications to the code example or running it as is? If yes, please let me know what changes you did.

If not, after programming, the application should run and you should see the E-Ink display come on without needing to press the reset button.

Nevertheless, when you debug your application, you seem to be stuck somewhere during startup. You don't seem to be reaching main.

pastedImage_0.png

Have you run any application before on this kit using ModusToolbox? Please check the back of the box of the kit to see if you are on an older revision of the kit. As mentioned below, Rev*C and above only work with ModusToolbox. 

pastedImage_1.png

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

OK, I see. I have Rev *B, does it mean i have to throw it away or can it be modified to work?

Regards

Bodo

0 Likes

Hello Bodo,

You will be contacted by Cypress over email to discuss the next steps.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes