PSoC 6 MQTT-client template fails build. Mutlipe no "no such file or directory" errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Struye
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am trying to use the MQTT-client template but it  gives me multiple errors when i build without even making any changes.

the errors i'm getting are:

../mtb_shared/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/202103.00/libraries/aws/ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk/source/dependency/3rdparty/tinycbor/src/cborparser_dup_string.c:119:1: fatal error: opening dependency file C:/.........../MQTT_Client/build/CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/Debug/ext/mtb_shared/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/202103.00/libraries/aws/ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk/source/dependency/3rdparty/tinycbor/src/cborparser_dup_string.d: No such file or directory

../mtb_shared/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/202103.00/libraries/aws/ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk/source/dependency/3rdparty/tinycbor/src/cborencoder_close_container_checked.c:55:1: fatal error: opening dependency file C:/.........../MQTT_Client/build/CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/Debug/ext/mtb_shared/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/202103.00/libraries/aws/ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk/source/dependency/3rdparty/tinycbor/src/cborencoder_close_container_checked.d: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/build.mk:387: C:/.........../MQTT_Client/build/CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/Debug/ext/mtb_shared/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/202103.00/libraries/aws/ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk/source/dependency/3rdparty/tinycbor/src/cborparser_dup_string.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make[1]: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/build.mk:387: C:/.........../MQTT_Client/build/CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/Debug/ext/mtb_shared/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/202103.00/libraries/aws/ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk/source/dependency/3rdparty/tinycbor/src/cborencoder_close_container_checked.o] Error 1

make: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2

All those files marked bold actually exist but there all ".c" files instead of ".d" or ".o"

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Struye

Can you please confirm that you are using the AnyCloud MQTT Client code example (CE)? If that is the case, could you please mention the steps followed to import the CE and any edits (including SSID changes, etc) made to the CE? I tried importing the CE and I did not observe any build issues for the same target.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Struye
Level 1
Level 1

In an empty workspace, I go file->new->modustoolbox application. I select the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT. As Template Application I select MQTT client and hit create. 
If I then try to build without making any changes, i get the errors as shown in my post.

0 Likes
Struye
Level 1
Level 1

I think i fixed it. The workspace i was using was in a folder in a folder in a folder in a folder.
After moving it directly on my C drive everything is fine.

0 Likes