Making I2C connection with another microcontroller(ESP32)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
praveen_kullu
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I am new to ModusToolbox. I have been trying to make I2c communication to esp32 to indirectly use capsense. the examples on I2c fails to provide adequate information on how to implement. 

also, if i follow the HAL documentation to implement I2c do i also have to configure in Device configure, if so what are to be configured, information on this is not provided on the documentation. What is the design flow to implement i2c communication in this use case?  and should i follow HAL or PDL ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @praveen_kullu 

Please let us know where you are facing issues. The built-in code examples are a good starting point to understand the implementation of I2C and send dummy data. You can proceed with building your application by sending the data that you require.

In case you are using HAL, you do not have to configure anything in the device configurator. HAL implementation takes care of checking and assigning the right SCB block based on the pin assignment.

HAL is an easier implementation to get started. I would recommend starting the application with HAL only. 

Please let us know if you face any issues. Attaching a project would also be helpful for us to understand the actual error you are facing. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @praveen_kullu 

Please let us know where you are facing issues. The built-in code examples are a good starting point to understand the implementation of I2C and send dummy data. You can proceed with building your application by sending the data that you require.

In case you are using HAL, you do not have to configure anything in the device configurator. HAL implementation takes care of checking and assigning the right SCB block based on the pin assignment.

HAL is an easier implementation to get started. I would recommend starting the application with HAL only. 

Please let us know if you face any issues. Attaching a project would also be helpful for us to understand the actual error you are facing. 

Best regards, 
Hari

Thank you for replying and sorry for my late reply. I am now able to run examples properly. thank you.

0 Likes