wireless module of PSoC 5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does PSoC 4  BLE wireless module support PSoC 5? if not, is there any wireless module suitable for PSoC5? I would like to realize the function of remote control. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

PSoC5 family has an extraordinary amount of internal hardware (UDBs, ADCs OpAmps etc) and a rather extensive routing scheme, but no BLE. This is not the case for a member of the PSoC4 family, but it still contains a lot of interrnal hardware. Creating a remote control or an interface for a remotely controlled device can easily be done using a PSoC4. Having the additional feature of a Bluetooth interface as the BLE versions have got will reduce the package count a lot.

So this might not be a question of PSoC5 or 4BLE, get hands on a BLE Pioneer kit and see what it can perform.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

To Bob:

While I have PSoC 5 develoment kit at hand , is there any wireless modules recommended  that is easy to realize remote control ?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

A module that will plug into the 5LP board, CY8CKIT-050 :

http://www.redpinesignals.com/Wi-Fi_Starter_Kits-MCU_Partners/Cypress/index.php

CY8CKIT-001 with PSoC3 and RS-CY8C001-220X

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You still could use a Pioneer BLE Kit and connect it to your PSoC5LP lit using I2C or another communication.

Will take some programming, but is not too difficult.

Bob

0 Likes