target device not getting powered

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using a cy8ckit-001 development kit. The device being used is cy8c3866axi-040. I selected the correct device in the device selector window and connected the miniprog3. In the select debug target window, I can see miniprog but i cant see the psoc3 device. I have connected the development kit to the power supply. I thought my jumper settings may not be correct. Can anyone tell me how to make the right VDD, VDDIO, VDDD and VDDA settings? I think the device is not being powered coz that's what Psoc Programmer says. In the miniprog, the status LED gets turned on, but the target power LED is turned off. The miniprog settings I've made are

protocol: SWD

power: 3.3V

acquire mode: reset

freq: 3.2 MHz

connector: 10 pin

What should I do?

Please help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Did you try to power the Kit-001 with the accompanying power-supply ? Is the green power LED then lighting?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I connected the kit to the 12 V power supply adapter. When the VDD is switched to 3.3V the green LED on the board is turned on. But the Programmer still says that the device is not powered.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Are you using the SWD-port?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've connected the miniprog to the USB port of my PC and the miniprog to J5( PROG) on the Psoc3. Should I be making any other connections?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the system editor, the operating conditions for VDD, VDDio, etc was 5.0V. But I've selected 3.3V while setting the miniprog. Should I change the values for VDD, VDDIO to 3.3V??

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The miniprog3 must be connected to SWD with the ribbon cable.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Just checked the schematics, J5 is right.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You now should de-select in the options for debugging that you power your board with the miniprog.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i do that? I selected power as external in the miniprog settings but the device is still not being detected

I've attached two pictures of the settings I've made

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is the other image

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Did you follow the hints I gave you regarding the de-installation of USB-dependencies?

Bob

0 Likes
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

What revision Miniprog do you have?

Did you manage to program that same part earlier?

Did you program the part with the setting "Enable Optional XRES"?

If your Miniprog3 has Rev. *B, you might try program using Power Cycle with PSoC Programmer.

Regards,

Rolf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pls check the following things:

1. You have selected "External" power supply in the PSoC Creator. So make sure that you have connected a 12V supply to the supply connector on the board.

2. Make sure that following jumpers are there in the default position:

J8 - Top2 (VREG)

J7, J6 - Top2 (VDD)

J2, J3, J4, J5 - Left most2 (VDD)

3. From slot2.jpg, I see that MiniProg3 is not detecting the power (POWER=0 on the background window). So either you might have made any mistake on the above steps or your MiniProg3/cable might have got damaged. So try with a different MiniProg3 or different DVK.

4. Try programming using PSoC Programmer and see if you are able to program.

0 Likes