"Basic Design" has pft.M0038 x4 and cdf.M0005 x1 errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TiMi_264191
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First comment on blog 10 sign-ins

I was going to use Basic Design to learn about the Debugger. I loaded it and tried to do a build. The errors indicate that the (hardware?) is set to 5.5v on the Vddio0-3 pins (they were so I fixed the jumper pins on the -001 kit board) and I selected 3.3v with the slide switch. HOWEVER, I still get that set of errors when I do a clean and build for Basic Design.

What did I forget or miss?

Thanks

Tim M

Tim Miner
0 Likes
3 Replies
TiMi_264191
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First comment on blog 10 sign-ins

Hi All,

I kept looking.... in BasicDesign.cydwr>pins, found 4 pins showing 5.5v... looked more and found under the system tab that I cound change 'em to 5.0v. Then it built just fine.

Question: if it will not compile (out of range), why set the pins at 5.5v?

Tim

Tim Miner
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Tim,

PSoC Datasheet says that VDDD and VDDIO should be less than VDDA. VDDA should always be higher than or equal to that of VDDD and VDDIO. PSoC Creator will generate error message to inform the user that VDDD and VDDIO is out of range. In such case user is supposed to set VDDD and VDDIO to a value less than that on VDDA. 

Please note that this setting is the setting to be made in the project. It is not the jumper setting on your board. VDDA, VDDD and VDDIO voltages can be set under  "project.cydwr --> System --> Voltage Configuration" as shown in picture below.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes