programming one hex file to Cy8C5666 and CY8c5666?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
avke_1306906
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I can not use the same hex file for programming Cy8c5666 and cy8c5667

do you know a solution for the issue. the customer what ONLY one file for programming  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Avihoo,

You can check the Silicon ID/ Device ID of any PSoC device by using PSoC Programmer and then giving any simple operation request like Erase All.

The silicon ID will appear like this in PSoC Programmer for the PSoC:

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Ankita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello ,

The same hex file can't be used to program Cy8c5666 and cy8c5667 because there is a field  Device ID in hex file which is unique to each part number. This is explained at page# 79 of this PSoC5LP Programming Spec available at this link:

https://www.cypress.com/file/119651/download

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes

Dear Ankita

Thanks for the answer, and in a second thought because the device is analog and code you must define the CPU in the hex file.

I will look at the data sheet thanks for the pointer

BR avihoo

0 Likes

Hi Avihoo,

You can check the Silicon ID/ Device ID of any PSoC device by using PSoC Programmer and then giving any simple operation request like Erase All.

The silicon ID will appear like this in PSoC Programmer for the PSoC:

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes

Hi Ankita

I have NO problem to read the device type and set the right device in the compiler.

We will update all the CPUs to the same one and will use only one HEX file for the programing

Thanks a lot

Avihoo keret

0 Likes