factory reset cy8kit-059

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nibec_3605396
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Using the Kitprog I programmed the target cy8kit-059 board but the uart programming isn't working and since it's in a while(1) function it's stuck in an infinite loop. I fixed my code to limit the number of iterations but the kitprog can't find it now and I'm guessing it's because the infinite loop. Is there a way to factory reset the cy8kit-059 boards somehow? I wasn't able to find it in the documentation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
nibec_3605396
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Please disregard (couldn't find an option to delete post). I replaced the wires connecting the two headers with a pin header and and a pin receptacle and is working now so it was just a connection issue on one board but not others it seems. Thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

Kitprog  programs the target PSoC (CY8C5888LTI-LP097) on CY8CKIT-059  using 5pin SWD Reset mode of Programming.

I don't understand what do you mean by saying that "uart programming isn't working".Kitprog supports USB-UART bridge functionality.

Please check Kitprog User guide page#45:

https://www.cypress.com/file/157966/download

Please check for this topic "PSoC 5LP Factory Program Restore Instructions"

Kitprog is a PSoC5LP (CY8C5868LTI-LP039) chip only on CY8CKIT-059 kit.

0 Likes

Sorry, rereading my question I realize that was not clear. my code to communicate with another device using UART isn't working. I have it coded in such a way where it sends a UART message and then expects back a certain UART message and if it doesn't get it then it waits a while and then does it again. This is inside a while(1) loop so it is just endlessly making this attempt. My new code has a counter to break the loop after so many attempts. I have the two boards (kit prog and target board) detached and when I connect them again using the header for the SWD pins on each boards it can't find it and the LED I set to blink every time it sends the message blinks endlessly demonstrating that my program is running an infinite loop. I can get the Kit prog to see another board that I don't have this problem but the board with the endless loop code won't show up for me to reprogram it. The kit prog is fine but I was hoping to not have to trash the taget board.

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I'm just curious, but have you detached Kit-Prog from the Target board, just like below?

If your KitProg is still with the target part, please ignore the rest of this message.

000-detached.JPG

By "the uart programming isn't working" which do you mean?

(1) From Kit-Prog UART_PutString() does not show any output to the serial terminal on the PC.

(2) You can not program the target using serial connection.

If I assume that your problem is (1), it was caused by detaching the KitProg from the Target Board.

When they were connected (initially) UART signals (P12[6] and P12[7]) were also connected

via internal pattern of the board.

To re-union the connection of P12[6] and P12[7],

we need connect P12[7] on the KitProg and P12[6] on the Target board,

and P12[6] on the KitProg and P12[7] on the Target board.

moto

0 Likes

(Please see my reply to

0 Likes
nibec_3605396
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Please disregard (couldn't find an option to delete post). I replaced the wires connecting the two headers with a pin header and and a pin receptacle and is working now so it was just a connection issue on one board but not others it seems. Thanks for helping.

0 Likes