difference between psoc creator and designer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all,

can anybody please tell what  is difference between psoc creator and designer  to start with prototype designing in software whether i should go for creator or designer ..... 

thank you 

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If  you're using PSoC1 devices for your prototype, you need to use PSoC Designer. For designs in PSoC3/5, Creator should be used.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kusu,

PSoC Creator is the environment used for creating, compiling and debugging projects to be built on PSoC3/5 whereas PSoC Designer is used for PSoC1 devices.

PSoC Designer uses ImageCraft compiler whereas PSoC Creator has Keil for PSoC3 and GCC for PSoC5 devices.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC creator(beta) is new release by cypress, it is easily configurable and calling the API's with the user customized configurations makes the design simple and easy ...PSoC 5 is  faster than Psoc 3, which it using the ARM cortex  M3  processor.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Creator 1.0 (production version) is the version of Creator presently available. 

PSoC Designer 5.1 is the version available.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much for the suggestions given

i want to work on psoc 3 platform so should i go for psoc creator???

please help...

thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi kusu,

Yes, you need to start developing your project on PSoC3 using PSoC Creator IDE.

You can create the project, program and also debug using Creator.

You can refer to Application Notes and Code Examples available at the Cypress website (www.cypress.com) for working on projects.

When a project is created using Creator, the components used in the component catalog can be understood using the associated component datasheets. This can be opened by right clicking on the desired component and choosing the 'Open Datasheet'. The APIs to be used to handle the components is also provided in the component datasheet.

Each component also has associated example associated with it in creator. This can also be opened by right clicking on the component and selecting 'Find example project'.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thankyou for the suggestion

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi  there,

i have downloaded most of the psoc creator software but i was not able to download only psoc creator 1.0 iso image zip file

what might be the reason .or is it compulsory that we need this image file to install psoc creator software

thanks in advance

olk

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have already installed psoc 3 designer  in my pc can i install creator along with this or i should uninstall it first

regards

olk

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Creator(for PSoC3 and PSoC5) and PSoC Designer(for PSoC1) are independent softwares. They can coexist in the same PC. It should not be a problem. To install PSoC Creator, the .exe file can be downloaded from here. If you donload the ISO file from the PSoC Creator download page, it is necessary to burn the image in to a CD disc and then run the installation from the CD.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just one hours age ,I had the sample question,but now I have get  the answer ,think you anyway.....

0 Likes