after update image using OTA, LCD and visual states stop working as expected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AvIt_3966476
Level 1
Level 1

LCD don't show digits correctly, response to key pressing don't cause callback events.

this is in Psoc5LP

0 Likes
1 Solution

These problem occur when CPU use too much in each step, and starve a certain task,

I understand that there are requirements to run certain functions periodically,

but I don't know the step duration, or which functions to call when I suspect such starvation.

for now, this was resolved by reducing CPU usage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

PSoC 5LP don't have the BLE IP, how could I understand the OTA?

If you want to solve the problem, you need to provide the simplest code that can reproduce the problem, and the operation steps.

0 Likes

Hi Ling.

by OTA I meant Over The Air update.

meaning I make a dual App image - write over the other Image, make it the active image and reboot (making sure it indeed run the other image).

I write the following sections: .text .eh_frame .rodata .ARM.exidx

in some images this works perfectly, in others, after the update the code don't work (for example - LCD show faded digits).

I now noticed that this happens when changing optimization levels between the images (even changing optimization of library). each one work on it's own, but stop working after update to images compiled with other optimization.

0 Likes

Could you tell us how to recur problems in PSoC5LP kit?

0 Likes

These problem occur when CPU use too much in each step, and starve a certain task,

I understand that there are requirements to run certain functions periodically,

but I don't know the step duration, or which functions to call when I suspect such starvation.

for now, this was resolved by reducing CPU usage.

0 Likes