Windows10 Creator programming PSOC without USB link

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoMa_264751
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Has anyone managed to use Creator running under Windows 10 to programme PSoC  with a Bluetooth connection linked to say the programming header of a USB kit programmer.

I have already had two laptop USB ports go down from to many connections and disconnections while programming , to want to do this again. 

Using the laptops Bluetooth transmitter would make life a lot safer for the computer when working on a live test kit board.

Any suggestions welcome

0 Likes
1 Solution
CoMa_264751
Level 2
Level 2

@odissey1  I have so far followed your advice but with an extra technical twist.

I obtained a second hand Belkin Networked USB hub, (which needs SX-Virtual Link software downloaded from the Silex website), to work with Windows 10. Belkin is no longer sold but Silex have a similar unit.

So far I have been able to wireless connect to my network and programme a USB kit in the remote networked USB hub.

Programming speed is a little slower but at least I am not plugging into the laptops USB port continually. Should the test kit I am working on send a killer scenario to the USB uint I only lose £80 against £1000+ for a high spec laptop.

I will still look into Bluetooth to USB kit type programmer but no longer as a high priority.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

It would be simpler to use a powered USB port

0 Likes
CoMa_264751
Level 2
Level 2

@odissey1  I have so far followed your advice but with an extra technical twist.

I obtained a second hand Belkin Networked USB hub, (which needs SX-Virtual Link software downloaded from the Silex website), to work with Windows 10. Belkin is no longer sold but Silex have a similar unit.

So far I have been able to wireless connect to my network and programme a USB kit in the remote networked USB hub.

Programming speed is a little slower but at least I am not plugging into the laptops USB port continually. Should the test kit I am working on send a killer scenario to the USB uint I only lose £80 against £1000+ for a high spec laptop.

I will still look into Bluetooth to USB kit type programmer but no longer as a high priority.

0 Likes