Windows 8.1 and usbuart installation problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a windows 8.1 PC and have downloaded the CypressDriverInstaller_0 application to install the correct driver.  The application runs, opens up a cmd window during the installation does a bunch of driver instalation then closes the cmd window and says it completed successfully.  I then plug my PSOC5 into the USB it "installs" the device driver.  However, under the unknown devices in the device manager it shows USBUART with an exclamation on it...  I've tried a few times uninstalling and reinstalling etc...  It's quite frustrating.  Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured out...  Windows 8.1 was not letting unsigned drivers install.  I changed the default startup option to allow unsigned drivers and it installed as a COM port! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured out...  Windows 8.1 was not letting unsigned drivers install.  I changed the default startup option to allow unsigned drivers and it installed as a COM port! 🙂

0 Likes