What does "Topic locked" mean?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I cannot comment anymore on http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-5-device-programming/how-enable-external-crystal-oscillator-psoc5 , and it states at the bottom "Topic locked"? Is this because answer got verified?

The problem of the OP is not solved, and I actually want to tell him what his problem is...

Update: I noticed it here too: http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-5-device-programming/synchronising-two-psoc-boards , but other thread with verified answer are still unlocked)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The forum threads in which the issues have been completely resolved and that have been inactive for a quite long time will be marked as locked. This is only to encourage to discuss different issues in entirely new threads rather than the same old thread.

As per your feedback, I have unlocked both of those threads to be open and apologize for the inconvenience. We will be more cautious in locking forecoming threads.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Madhu, Can you leave it up to the originator of the thread to lock/unlock the topic?   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Now I'm curious:

• this thread now has one verified answer, and I surely did not mark it as such. How does an answer get verified?
  •     
  • (I do not even see a way to mark an answer as verified)
  •     
  • at least in the first topic, the original problem was never solved, so it should not qualify for being locked
  •     
  • both threads where without post for less than a week, which is quite short for "inactive for a long while"
  •    

Please leave it to the thread-creator to verify answers, and have the period before locking much longer (maybe a month or so). And even then - there might be people having additional questions or suggestions. It might be better to add an additional step in such threads to people don't reopen dormat threads too easily, but still leave the capability in place.

0 Likes