VddIOx and GPIO pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Can Analog output pins be routed to any of the VDDio ?

I want 4 x DAC output with the 4V range and need Vddio of 5V on these pins but not on other pins.

My assumption is that I can have 1 of the vdddio pins attached to 5V and the rest to 3.3V so I can have a mix of output levels?

I have looked through several documents but cannot find specific reference to how this is done (or whether it can be done like this).

My system needs Analog DC output from 0 to 2.5V and the DAC only has 1V or 4V option. Though I can use the 4V option with 3.3V supply,I loose resolution of the output by doing this.

I am generating a 0-20mA output signal and want at least 0.1mA resolution. I can achieve this ok with 8 bit if I use almost full range of values. I don't want to use external op amp and gain to translate 0-1V into 0-2.5 V but ok to use simply resistive divider to translate 0-4V into 0-2.5V

0 Likes
3 Replies
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Sorry guys, I did not look properly,I found the answer on page 8 of the device datasheet. (Explains which groups of IO are assigned to each VDDio)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. You can have different supply voltage for different Vddio's. As you said, the page 8 of the device datasheet shows the pins-to-Vddio mapping.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Picture worth a thousand words.....from TRM

0 Likes