USBUART dose not ennummerate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Iam new to PSOC devises. Iam using an CY8C5888 witch is a very cool device. I have played around with the USBUART component and I have noticed a strage behavior. When I plug the USB in my notebook docking station or USB hub then all works fine. But if I use one of the USB ports witch are located in my notebook then the Windows 7 tells my that there is a unknown device. The Vendor PID is 0 and Iam not able to install a driver. 

Dose anyone have a idea what could be the reason? (The USBUART example from the PSOC creator studio dose have the same behavior. )

thanks a lot for your answers! 

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I would update driver from here -

www.cypress.com/

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I remember having the similar troubles with a project that communicate using the USB/UART driver descriptor provided by Cypress to create a "virtual" COM port. The problem was a late activation of interrupts and USB driver that are necessary for the enumeration to work properly on host side. Finally the working code is the following : int main() { CyGlobalIntEnable; /* Start USB immediately */ USBUART_Start(0, USBUART_DWR_VDDD_OPERATION); while(!USBUART_GetConfiguration()){}; USBUART_CDC_Init(); ...   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To my knowledge the vendor id must be kept as set in the examples, because the driver is bound to Cypress (they have to pay for that more than some pocketmoney) Changing the vendor id could result in not binding the device.

Bob

PS: Where in Germany are you located? I live near Bremen

PSS: Das Wort heisst nicht Dose, es lautet does

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

the problem was caused by using the wrong supply-voltage option while enumerating the usb.  

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Ps: Iam living in Chemnitz. 

Pss: Da hat mir wohl die Autokorrektur rein gehauen 😉 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Fine that you got it running!

Bob

"Pss: Da hat mir wohl die Autokorrektur rein gehauen 😉 "

"Eine Dose ist eine Dose ist eine Dose" frei nach Gertrude Stein en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_is_a_rose_is_a_rose_is_a_rose

0 Likes