USB FS mass storage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoBO_1287886
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Dear all,

We put a PSoC5LP into a device. We found code example for CDC, then we implemented the CDC with success the USB FS (virtual port).

I find this old topic about the mass storage

https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-5-3-1-MCU/Regarding-SD-card-file-reading-in-PC/m-p/153701#M262...

I'm looking for a solution to implement both USB features into the same USB FS. It's seems possible, the number of end point is suffisant.

However, i'm facing to some issues

1) the snippets of code for mass storage use "old" version of USB FS (v 2.8)

2)now USB FS configurator help us to create a MSC component.

Port the old code into the new USB FS seems more complicated than expected

CDC could be found in the code example, but it's not the case for MSC. Cypress example are a great help...

Do you have found some example of mass storage component with a recent USB FS (v3.2)?

regards,

Robin.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @RoBO_1287886 

We not not have a official mass storage code example for PSoC 5LP that uses the latest version of the USFBS component.

The project in the thread that you pointed out was an example project to show this functionality and has not been validated or upgraded to support the latest version of the component.

There have been quite code changes in the USBFS generated code from 2.8 version to the 3.2 version due to which a lot of changes would be required when trying to port the example.

I am attaching another example project for PSoC 5LP USB mass storage which uses the the 3.2 version of the component. Please note that this project has also not been validated. But I hope this helps you to get a general understanding of how the version 3.2 of the USBFS component can be configured as a mass storage device.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @RoBO_1287886 

We not not have a official mass storage code example for PSoC 5LP that uses the latest version of the USFBS component.

The project in the thread that you pointed out was an example project to show this functionality and has not been validated or upgraded to support the latest version of the component.

There have been quite code changes in the USBFS generated code from 2.8 version to the 3.2 version due to which a lot of changes would be required when trying to port the example.

I am attaching another example project for PSoC 5LP USB mass storage which uses the the 3.2 version of the component. Please note that this project has also not been validated. But I hope this helps you to get a general understanding of how the version 3.2 of the USBFS component can be configured as a mass storage device.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

RoBO_1287886
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

thanks for clarification, i will test your example.

I will share result with the community.

regards,

Robin.

step 1 : basic test done 12 April

the attached project has been adapted for CY8CKIT-059 (without XTAL).

features tested : disk is well detected / create a text file / write a text file

step 2 : 14 April

add MSC in addition of CDC (i will update my reply)

RoBO_1287886_0-1618402744059.png

I add only like into the project provided a mass storage. Minor change on the code to use the right endpoint => it's works.

My product is now well detected by Windows like a COM port AND an MSC

step 3 : link (or wrap) an SD card instead of emulated memory

This step will probably take more time than previous step

0 Likes