System freezing problem caused by an interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, attached zip file is my working project.

As you can see in this file, I'm using two push buttons of CY8CKIT-050 PSoC 5LP Development Kit(P6_1, P15_5) to change the strings of LCD module.

The interrupt associated with the button P15_5 works fine(CY_ISR(subSel)), but when I push the button P6_1(CY_ISR(mainSel)), the system freezes.

I cannot understand the reason of this phenomenon because these two switches basically do the same thing.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Post an archive with the following method -

“File”                                                             Creator

“Create Workspace Bundle”

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the workspace bundle of my project.

To give you more information, below is the detailed description of my issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you power-on the development kit after programming my project, you can see the strings on the LCD display as below.

[Start 2015-07-30][ Date 23:59:50]

And if you push the SW2(P6_1) again, the value of "printSel1" increases from 0 to 1 and the LCD display prints strings as below(void PrintNormalPage @ utils.c) .

[row01 Not Broken][col01 Yet]

From now on, as you push the SW2, the string has to change as below.

[row02 Not Broken][col01 Yet], [row03 Not Broken][col01 Yet], [row04 Not....

But it does not happen and I don't know why since I confirmed that switches are working quite well using LED(P6_3).

As I push SW2 or SW3, the row # or col # should change, but the strings on LCD is constant.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Increase the heap size to 0x0200 (.cydwr-file, system tab)

You allocate all your array variables on the stack which might crash when project grows. Better use global or static variables.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob, but the problem still remains.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all, I just solved this issue. Until now, the LCD display functions that are defined in util.c(e.g. PrintNormalPage) displayed 2x16 characters on LCD. I decreased these display strings' sizes to 2x14 and the system works well without freezing. I guess this issue is not related neither memory allocation nor interrupt from pin. But no idea why decreasing display string size suddenly made this system work.

0 Likes