Reuse previous designs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VaCe_2419971
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I just got last week my CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP Prototyping Kit and since then I've been busy with the very steep learning curve.

Testing things, I've created few designs (projects) of my own and now my questions are:

1. How can I reuse/incorporate them in a larger project?
  3. Is there a way to create a custom component in my own library based on a previous simple design?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

There is a "Component Author Guide" (Start -> Cypress -> PSoC Creator 4.0 -> Component Development Kit) which will show you ways to create own components. To set up a general template that contains a common structure for code and the basic components you may use the "Copy to MyTemplates" feature.

Last alternative is to create a workspace bundle of your project which is a -zip file. This can be expanded into a different folder.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

There is a "Component Author Guide" (Start -> Cypress -> PSoC Creator 4.0 -> Component Development Kit) which will show you ways to create own components. To set up a general template that contains a common structure for code and the basic components you may use the "Copy to MyTemplates" feature.

Last alternative is to create a workspace bundle of your project which is a -zip file. This can be expanded into a different folder.

Bob

0 Likes