Regarding delay generation using timer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm new to PSoC family,previously i used Freescale and Microchip controller for programming.

In PSoC I want to do multichannel ADC conversion and i want to do each 3 ADC channel conversion within the ISR of timer for 1msec.For design this i used one 9 channel multiplexer and 1 delta sigma ADC.I also used 1 timer.In codding i want to do generate a timer interrupt for every 1msec  and in the ISR of Timer i want to do ADC conversion and some other calculation.

Can you please suggent me which type of timer i have to use and how to generate 1msec of delay.

With regards,

san2884

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using PSoC 3 family CY8C3866AXI-040 controller.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again i have a doubt that for generating 1 msec or more,shall i go for timer or PWM.Please suggest me

With regards

san2884

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi san2884,

You can either use PWM or Timer to generate 1ms Interrupt. The picture below shows how to do it using PWM. Configure PWM for a Period of 99. Connect an input Clock and configure it to give a fequency of 100 Khz. The terminal count output goes high after 1ms. Connect an ISR from system resources and configure the ISR to be triggered on rising edge. 

0 Likes