Reduce KitProg´s clock frequency

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaRo_2051531
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

I am using the CY8CKIT-059 prototyping kit with the KitProg onboard programmer and debugger.

For testing and development purposes it is important to have an insulation between programmer and target.

To break the two boards apart is easy but to find a suitable digital isolator is tricky.

The SWD clock is running at 4.5 MHz and that is too fast for the most isolators.

Is there a possibility to reduce the programming/debug clock speed of the KitProg?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi,

I don't think there is way to change the Clock Speed of KitProg. If you have a MiniProg3, use it for programming and debugging the target PSoC 5LP directly.

BTW, have you tried powering the kit with external supply so that KitProg SWD lines do not interfere with the target PSoC 5LP while running your application?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi,

I don't think there is way to change the Clock Speed of KitProg. If you have a MiniProg3, use it for programming and debugging the target PSoC 5LP directly.

BTW, have you tried powering the kit with external supply so that KitProg SWD lines do not interfere with the target PSoC 5LP while running your application?

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer.

In this case I will use the MiniProg3 programmer and insert the isolator either between MiniProg3 – target or USB – MiniProg 3.

To power the KitProg with an external supply is not useful in my application. I need some galvanic insulation to protect my PC.

0 Likes