Questions about Emulated EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ivkac_4155501
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I have a question about the Em_EEPROM Module.

I am using the psoc 5LP prototyping kit.

So this my actual question:

When I stored some information in the EEPROM module and then rebuild the code on my device; would the Infromation still be present in the EEPROM or would it be erased?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

The Emulated EEPROM Component emulates an EEPROM device in the PSoC device flash memory. Once you rebuild the firmware and program to the device, the entire device flash will be erased in the 'Erase All' step of PSoC device programming. Please refer to PSoC 5LP Device Programming Specification for more details. Thus, prior Em_EEPROM data stored in the device flash memory will be lost.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

The Emulated EEPROM Component emulates an EEPROM device in the PSoC device flash memory. Once you rebuild the firmware and program to the device, the entire device flash will be erased in the 'Erase All' step of PSoC device programming. Please refer to PSoC 5LP Device Programming Specification for more details. Thus, prior Em_EEPROM data stored in the device flash memory will be lost.

0 Likes