Psoc 5 CY8C5888LTI, external CLK (single end or differential) ? DSI signal from an External I/O pin , an example for a pin I can use ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm trying to use the Psoc 5 CY8C5888LTI, is there a way I can synchronize it to an external CLK (single end or differential) ? In the datasheet it says that one of the CLK sources can be DSI signal from an External I/O pin , can anybody give me an example for a pin I can use ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

You can use any unused pin to input en external clock.

At first, add a digital input pin with a short wire and name the signal name of the wire.

GS003246.png

In this case the input signal is declared as "EXTCLK"

Then open the clock editor from the CYDWR file.

GS003245.png

In the "Digital Input" box you can specify the signal name which is used for a clock via the DSI.  The Digital Input clock can override the IMO clock and is used for the PLL reference clock.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

You can use any unused pin to input en external clock.

At first, add a digital input pin with a short wire and name the signal name of the wire.

GS003246.png

In this case the input signal is declared as "EXTCLK"

Then open the clock editor from the CYDWR file.

GS003245.png

In the "Digital Input" box you can specify the signal name which is used for a clock via the DSI.  The Digital Input clock can override the IMO clock and is used for the PLL reference clock.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes