PWM frequency control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaDu_3933941
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi all,

I am currently trying to generate a PWM waveform using the PWM block. The block generates two waveforms out of phase and must have a deadtime between them. I am also generating a 60 Hz sine wave and need both the sine wave and the PWM waves to be exactly the same frequency. Any recommendations about how to go about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can make the following settings to generate two PWM waves that are inverted and have a dead time between them:

pastedImage_0.png

The PWM Mode is set to: two modes (in order to generate two waveforms)

The Compare value has been set to half the period value, so that the duty cycle is 50 percent.

The CMP Type value for the two waveforms is set to: less than and greater than or equal two so that the two waveforms are inverted.

The Dead band is used to set the dead time the waveforms between them.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

molinac5,

did you check this example (#3)?

Re: Voltage Multiplication

0 Likes

I made that post a few months back. For this case, I need to generate a 60 Hz 50% duty cycle PWM wave, however, I need to have two of them (The original and the inverted one). Both the original and the inverted will have a dead time in between transitions.

0 Likes

Molinac5,

It would be helpful to have a timing diagram or chart explaining project specifications.

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can make the following settings to generate two PWM waves that are inverted and have a dead time between them:

pastedImage_0.png

The PWM Mode is set to: two modes (in order to generate two waveforms)

The Compare value has been set to half the period value, so that the duty cycle is 50 percent.

The CMP Type value for the two waveforms is set to: less than and greater than or equal two so that the two waveforms are inverted.

The Dead band is used to set the dead time the waveforms between them.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes