PSoC 5: how to tell which Opamp is instantiated in my design?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Brian_D
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

After adding an OPAMP to the design, it is assigned as OPAMP_1 but I can't tell which one out of the 4 devices available [0:3]. I need to be able to instantiate a specific Opamp, i.e. Opamp_0 as I need to use GPIO0[1] for the opamp output. I have studied the datasheet and AppNote but they never mentioned about this. Please help.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Brian,

In the Analog resources select current Opamp with Right mouse button. In the popup menu select new Opamp location.

Set Opamp_01_AnalogResources.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

In Design Wide Resources page at the bottom of the window click the Analog page. It will display all analog resources, including Opamps used and their routing to external pins. 

Also, by clicking an Opamp, it will display its properties in the right panel, including the Opamp number (0-3).

If using CY8CKIT-059 Prototyping board, it may be useful to refer to 

KIT-059: annotation component for CY8CKIT-059 PSoC5LP Prototyping Kit ,

which helps visualize PSoC5 pins routing to the board connectors. As seen from the Figure b, the Pin_01 is directly connected to the Opamp U0

KIT-059_06_B.png

0 Likes

Thank you. Yes, viewing the Analog tap of the DWR I am able to tell which Opamp was instantiated. However this doesn't help me to solve my issue. 

I took over the project which was designed by another engineer who left the company.  I have an analog signal AA connected to pin P0[1] to be converted by the internal ADC. The design also has an internal Opamp (unity gain) to buffer the input  of the ADC, and so this Opamp dedicated output pin is not used. Problem is that this  Opamp was instanciated with Opamp0 which has its output connected to P0[1] which shorted out the analog signal AA. How do I tell the tool to use Opamp2 instead of Opamp0?

I wish when the designer adds an Opamp to the design, they should be able to configure this Opamp to a specific one of the available Opamp[0:4] that the processor offers.  

0 Likes

OK, I think I learned to resolve the issue: Delete the Opamp0 from the design, then lock the signal AA to P0[1], then add a new Opamp to the design. The tool then instantiates Opamp2 instead of Opamp0 (which has the output connected to P0[1] if enabled). 

Thank you all.

Brian 

0 Likes

Brian,

In the Analog resources select current Opamp with Right mouse button. In the popup menu select new Opamp location.

Set Opamp_01_AnalogResources.png

0 Likes

"In the Analog resources select current Opamp with Right mouse button. In the popup menu select new Opamp location."

This is the perfect answer to my question!!! Many thanks to odessey1!!!

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

If the Vout of the operational amplifier is assigned to P 0[1] (dedicated terminal) and the input is not assigned, "OPAMP0" will be used for automatic wiring by Build.

You can check the analog wiring from the "Analog" menu of PSoC Creator.

キャプチャ1.PNG

"Do not assign Vout or Vin pins of operational amplifier"

"Already assigned P0 [1: 3] with other functions"

In the above case, the automatic wiring for which build is executed will be wiring using another operational amplifier.

Regards,

0 Likes