PSOC5lp -> psoc5lp programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
krku_4752381
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

My goal is to upload the hex code from esp32 to psoc5lp. I have gone through code given by cypress which is to program psoc5lp to psoc4. I have modified the code according to esp32 and it didn't work. it was not consistent every time sometimes it used to fail at program flash and sometimes it used to fail at erase flash similarly. when I checked through the logic analyzer it gave me log as it is not able to get a positive ack from access port and debug port. so I thought of trying initially to upload the hex file from psoc5lp to another psoc5lp. when I was trying this with the same code of cypress it is also not working. i even checked in esp32 by changing the clock frequencies. can anyone suggest me how to proceed further for solving this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

A common problem is connecting the programming signals with wires that are too long.  10cm length is about the limit for signal integrity issues.  5cm works extremely well.

Good luck with your project.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Just reading your description, I imagine that the power may not be sufficient.

I've seen similar symptom with other vendor's MCU when supply current/voltage was not good enough.

Can you try supplying external power to psoc5lp and see if there will be some improvement?

moto

Hi, thank you it helped me solve the issue in programming psoc5lp to psoc5lp, but with esp32 its again the same issue.

0 Likes

Discussion on this issue is continued on this thread - Re: PSOC5lp -> psoc5lp programming

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

A common problem is connecting the programming signals with wires that are too long.  10cm length is about the limit for signal integrity issues.  5cm works extremely well.

Good luck with your project.