PSOC1 ICE-cube and cable?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jsonder4063
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

My customer, Christie Digital, uses an old PSOC1 in their KVM project.  However, they copied and pasted this design into a newer design and now they want to update the FW in the PSOC1 and do debug.  But, I don't think they have the old PSOC1 ICE-cube and the cable to do the work :-(.  I think they wanted this old Eval board: CY3215A-DK In-Circuit Emulation Lite Development Kit.  But, I don't think this is made anymore.  This from the customer:

CY3215A-DK In-Circuit Emulation Lite Development Kit has an ICE-cube that could be directly plugged into our CY8C28 Processor Module that comes with CY8CKIT-001. Even though the processor numbers do not match, CY8C28 is still a member of PSOC1 family, so we could utilize it to do checks with CY8CKIT-001 (then there is no need to soldering a pod on the PCB of our product). Someone at Cypress probably has them in some dusty boxes somewhere.  We also need the flat cable (from the CY8CKIT-001 User Manual) 

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Our offices open on April 1. I will try to locate if we have the cable that our customer has mentioned. I hope the cable will be returned to us after the debug session, since other customers might need the same. Meanwhile, kindly confirm if this is the cable that is required:

SampathS_11_0-1615179462139.png

Yes - they need both the ICEcube and the cable shown here..

Let me know if you find anything..

Jeff

0 Likes

:

Note that Christie ALSO needs to borrow the ICE-cube along with the cable...  Once you are back on April 1st, please look and let us know.  I am heavily encouraging them to migrate to a newer PSOC (Gen 4, 5 or 6).  Is there any plans by Cypress to EOL PSOC 1 or has that already happened?  if not, when?

0 Likes