PSOC 5LP Board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Curious why this is occurring -

ETRO_SSN583_0-1644240049671.png

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dana,

The current "scuttle-butt" I hear is the PSoC5 is not dead,   It is mature and there are no current plans to extend the family.

It is my understanding that the PSoC5 continues to be used to power Kitprog boards.   It is a very versatile IC.   It's not going away anytime soon.   

Having said that, Infineon may elect to reduce the number of PSoC5 variants in their offerings.  They will probably keep those variants with the overall better yearly volumes.

Therefore I recommend you contact your Infineon sales rep for future product line plans.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Dana,

PSoC5 chip shortage.(?)

Len
0 Likes

Customer, new and old, design activity come to a halt ?

Dana.

0 Likes

Dana,

The current "scuttle-butt" I hear is the PSoC5 is not dead,   It is mature and there are no current plans to extend the family.

It is my understanding that the PSoC5 continues to be used to power Kitprog boards.   It is a very versatile IC.   It's not going away anytime soon.   

Having said that, Infineon may elect to reduce the number of PSoC5 variants in their offerings.  They will probably keep those variants with the overall better yearly volumes.

Therefore I recommend you contact your Infineon sales rep for future product line plans.

Len
0 Likes