Not sure which files to load using the emWin Graphic Library v5.46 for PSoC 5LP project with an ILI9341 240x320 LCD Controller configured for indirect parallel interface.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiBe_333556
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I am using a ILI9341 240x320 LCD Controller configured for Parallel indirect interface with a Touch screen.  I do not know whether to add the nosts or osts directory to the compiler from the Include directory. Also, do not know which file to add to the linker libemWin_nosts_cm3_gcc.a or  libemWin_osts_cm3_gcc.a from the GCC directory. I guess this depends on whether I am using RTOS but not sure not sure how to determine whether I am or not. There is the question of which GUI_X  Source file to use, GUI_X.c, GUI_X_FreeRTOS.c, GUI_X_embOS.c or GUI_X_uCOS.c from the FlexColor directory.

Any suggestion, Thanks Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please refer to the Segger Graphics Library User Guide​ to understand what files to include based on your application. The terminologies are as follows:

(1) nosnts --> No OS no Touch Screen

(2) nosts --> No OS but supports Touch Screen

(3) osts --> Support both OS and Touch Screen

The same applies to linker files,look at the naming schemes. For ex: libemWin_nosts_cm3_gcc.a.

Now coming to the next part of choosing the driver templates, please refer to the documentation available with the Segger Emwin Package. Once downloaded, it will be available at this path: "emWinGraphics_v5_46\Documentation\PSoC4_5"

In your case, your display controller ILI9341 is supported in GUIDRV_FlexColor as seen below:

graphics.PNG

So, in the FlexColor directory, the files to choose is again mentioned in the Segger User Guide Page#6:

graphics1.PNG

Whether you want to use RTOS or not is completely your choice. If you aren't familiar with RTOS, then you need not use it.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please refer to the Segger Graphics Library User Guide​ to understand what files to include based on your application. The terminologies are as follows:

(1) nosnts --> No OS no Touch Screen

(2) nosts --> No OS but supports Touch Screen

(3) osts --> Support both OS and Touch Screen

The same applies to linker files,look at the naming schemes. For ex: libemWin_nosts_cm3_gcc.a.

Now coming to the next part of choosing the driver templates, please refer to the documentation available with the Segger Emwin Package. Once downloaded, it will be available at this path: "emWinGraphics_v5_46\Documentation\PSoC4_5"

In your case, your display controller ILI9341 is supported in GUIDRV_FlexColor as seen below:

graphics.PNG

So, in the FlexColor directory, the files to choose is again mentioned in the Segger User Guide Page#6:

graphics1.PNG

Whether you want to use RTOS or not is completely your choice. If you aren't familiar with RTOS, then you need not use it.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes