Not able to acquire "PSoC Target Device" when programing CY8KIT-050 with PSoC Creator 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiBe_1380881
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received First like received

I have been using both the USB port and the MiniProg 3 without any problems programing the CY8_KIT-050 until today. I can acquire the USB port DVKProg5 v1.2 and MiniProg3 v 2.05 but not able to acquire the Target PSoC Device using PSoC Creator 4.2.

I do not have a problem programing the CY8_KIT-042 with the USB port or the MiniProg3. And, not having a problem programing the FreeSoC2 kit (PSoC 5888AXI LP096) from Sparkfun using the the USB port with PSoC Creator 4.2.

At this point my CY8KIT-050 is out of commission. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiBe_1380881
Level 4
Level 4

It turns out all along I had Vdda = 3.3v and Vddd = 5v and the chip performance is not guaranteed if Vddd > Vdda. I had not had a problem with this setup until today???  When I changed Vddd to 3.3v every thing is back to working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MiBe_1380881
Level 4
Level 4

It turns out all along I had Vdda = 3.3v and Vddd = 5v and the chip performance is not guaranteed if Vddd > Vdda. I had not had a problem with this setup until today???  When I changed Vddd to 3.3v every thing is back to working fine.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

Can you please share a screenshot of PSoC Programmer when you try to program CY8CKIT-050 with MiniProg3.

Please check this KBA which can be useful:

MiniProg3 Rev. *A

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes