I am trying to get an Arduino TFT Shield working on my PSoC 5LP proto Board. So far no luck. I have put the board on an actual Arduino and it works fine, so the display hardware is okay. So far I have tried using the "Graphics LCD Interface" component and when that failed, I wrote a routine to generate the bus signals via software. Unfortunately no love from the display. The only commands I am sending are the "Sleep Out" (0x11), "Display On" (0x29) and then "Data Mode" (0x2C) and then just pushing some random data to the frame buffer just to tray and see something. I have gotten other ILIxxxx display controllers working, but this ILI9481 eludes me.
Just wondering if anyone has successfully interfaced an ILI9481 based display to a PSoC? Does anyone have any tips/source code they're willing to share.
Thanks for the reply...
I looked over your code and judging by the amount of initialization commands you send, maybe I can't get away with just sending the "Sleep Out" and "Display On" commands to see something on the screen.
I may have found an issue...
The GraphicsLCDInf (8-bit) is not working like I assumed it would. It seems to be sending useless signals. I wrote a tiny test program that starts the module, the sends an incrementing 255 bytes of data and then halts. What I see on the bus is the data values 0 through 4 repeating a few times before 0 through 255 is sent but with missing values. Plus, the CS line seems to randomly asserted. Very odd. Have to look into this.
Just an FYI...
Apparently writing data as a bus on my PSoC 5LP prototyping board causes bits 2,3 and 4 to stay stuck at a '0' all the time. It doesn't matter what ports I pick the same problem occurs. However, I can toggle each pin separately without problems. I then recreated the project on a PSoC 4200M prototyping board and that does not seem to have the same problem, at least not on port P0[0-7]. So my PSoC 4200M works fine but neither of my PSoC 5LP boards work correctly. Hmmm...
Thank you for that tip. I forgot that the PSoC 5LP Prototyping Kit has bypass capacitors on some of the lines. That turned out to be the problem.
Again, thank you for your insight.