MiniProg3 not recognising PSoC5, "Arm Debug Port"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'd be very grateful for any assistance...

I have a design with PSoC5s. Yesterday in the lab at work everything was good, I could program and debug using the 5 pin SWD interface.

Today, I connect to the board and the MiniProg3 isn't recognising the PSoC. Instead of my PSoC 5 I see "ARM Debug Port" and the helpful tip "This device was recognized (sic), but PSoC Creator does not support it at this time."

Yesterday I got as far as flashing LEDs on my board (woohoo!) I know the PSoCs and power is good as they still flash. Flashing stops when I connect the MiniProg. I have multiple PSoCs on this board. Same problem on all devices.

Windows 7 may have installed a new driver for the MiniProg3 this morning.  According to Device Manager, the driver details are:

Provider: Cypress

Date 05/06/2009

Version 3.4.1.20

So far this morning, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. I've uninstalled Creator 4.0 and installed 4.1 and I've used PSoC Programmer to check the firmware level on my MiniProg. 

The device is board powered, used reset to connect and I've tried playing with the MiniProg clock frequency.

I'm stumped, can anyone help please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

"I've used PSoC Programmer to check the firmware level on my MiniProg" Did you only check or did you indeed update the miniprog3 firmware? Actual version for PSoC programmer is 3.26

"Instead of my PSoC 5 I..." Your selected device in Creator is hopefully a PSoC 5LP chip? Same on your pcb??

When using the programmer, do the green "Device powered" show up on the screen?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum!

"I've used PSoC Programmer to check the firmware level on my MiniProg" Did you only check or did you indeed update the miniprog3 firmware? Actual version for PSoC programmer is 3.26

"Instead of my PSoC 5 I..." Your selected device in Creator is hopefully a PSoC 5LP chip? Same on your pcb??

When using the programmer, do the green "Device powered" show up on the screen?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob, it's a blown Miniprog. 😞

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Too bad! How did you manage that?

Bob