Is there any demo project that using I2C bootloader for PSoC3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        When using bootloader of PSoC3, is there any tool provided by PSoCCreator which is running on PC side? and is there demo project show how bootloader could be implemented via I2C?   

Thanks a lot,   
George   
0 Likes
7 Replies
AnuM_41
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!
        Yes George , we have a Bootloader host application which can be found in the PsoC creator Folder. For me it is in   
C:\Program Files\cypress\PSoC Creator\1.0\PSoC Creator\bin \bootloader_host.exe. The PSoC3 I2C bootloader Application note will be available in the website in a few days.   

Regards,   
Anu   
0 Likes
AnuM_41
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!
        Attached the draft version of the App note for your reference . This will guide you how to use the I2C bootloader.   

Regards,   
Anu   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Anu,   

Thank you so much for your answer!   
I have read your application notes, you said "It is possible to have your customized bootloader project containing other communication components installed for other purposes". How to make a UART communication based bootloader?   
Currently, if UART component is placed, you can not choose it from the tab .cydwr;>"system"->"bootloader"->"IO component", it is blank.   

Best Regards,   
George   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        George,   

The bootloader only supports I2C at this time. What Anu meant is that you can place an UART in your bootloadable project for other applications other than bootloader.   

Anu,   

The application note is very good. I was able to successfully create a bootloader and run it under 15 minutes. PSoC3 bootloader is really cool.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Ganesh,   

Got it!   
Here is a quite nice place!   

Thanks a lot,   
George   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a similar application note for USB bootloader for PSoC 3.

Thanks

Vincent

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vincent,

There is an Example Project which illustrates the Bootloader using USB Full Speed Component.

The link to this Example Project is given below:

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=46717

Regards,

dasg

0 Likes