Is SPI Reversal Possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a resource constrained design, where it would be nice if I could "reverse" several SPI Slaves to be SPI Masters.

Note that there is not enough space to fit both the SPI Slaves/Masters into the design and use multiplexers to the pins.

This isn't bidirectional SPI, i.e. I still have dedicate MOSI/MISO lines, but I would like to reverse them (as well as reverse the drive of the SCK/SS_n lines).

One possibility I had been wondering about is whether I could have a 2nd program on the PSoC's EEPROM that I could soft-boot to, after the first design is complete?

- I don't want to reprogram the EEPROM though, as that would cause too much wear on the erase cycles.

thanks for any suggestions.

A.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to file a "MyCase" and ask if the multi-application bootloader can help you. To do so, at top of this page go to "Support & Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase":

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you consumed all the UDB blocks ? It might be possible to optimize on something else in your design. Can you share your project ? It is difficult to change from slave to master because all the necessary APIs are generated during compile time.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've consumed all the sync cells... 

I've opened a support case 2707901334.

Looks like I'll go with the dual bootloader approach.

thanks,

A.

0 Likes