I can't get USBUART to work.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first try with PSoC.  I tried to get my dev kit, cy8ckit-030 to look like a serial com port on my PC.  Did my own coding coding. When I connect to the PC, Windows says 'USB Device Not Recognized'.  I futzed around for a few hours and it's still not working.  Tried to load  USBUART.inf, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  I then discovered  an example project in Creator 2.0, USB_UART.  Unfortunately, it has the same problem.  What's wrong???  Do I need a *.sys file??

TIA,

John

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it working.  Code was set to 3V, hardware jumpers to 5V

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a very common mistake many users do.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is always a good practice to make your code dependent on the voltage setting in the design wide resource tab. It will always work and this error can be eliminated.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Can you explain how to do this? The examples from Cypress use hard-coded voltage settings, so they cannot be used as reference for that 😞

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you call the USBFS_Start() API, the second parameter determines the operating voltage of the USB component. To make the system dependent on the design wide resource configuration this parameter can be set to "USBFS_DWR_VDDD_OPERATION".

Hence the API would look like, USBFS_Start(0, USBFS_DWR_VDDD_OPERATION); 

And you need to configure the design wide resource anyway for proper calculations if you have any analog components depenedent on VDDA in your design.

0 Likes