How to send more then 1 byte to the HID device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear PSoC Developers

I'm using USBFS component and I wrote program that I'm sending data from the PC to the PSoC 3 device (I configured as a HID device) and getting the same data back to the PC.
In the PC I'm using Libusb 1.0 library.
I was able to have the connection, but I cannot send more then 1 byte data, when I'm trying to send for example 2 bytes, it only sends the last 1 byte.
Is it possible to send more then 1 byte and how?
What should I change (maybe in HID descriptors)?

Thanks in advance
Gurgen

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        If your purpose is just send data and loop back, USB-UART is a most easy way. I don't know about Libusb library. You can also use CyCUS.dll liblrary that Cupress provided. And you can test transfer-status of PSoC by "CyControl.exe" that is the USB Control Center.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I did it using Control Center and USBFS component and was able to send more then 1 byte and recieve. When I changed the class into HID I was already unable to use Control center, because data to sent wasn't active. I need configure PSoC 3 as a HID device. I'm using Libusb, because it's allowed to be used in different operating systems.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I see, It might relate with double-byte-charactor, UNICODE ? I'm not sure.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kharatgn: were u able to send the data more than 1 byte from your HID device to PC ?

0 Likes