Help with Graphics LCD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I don't have advanced knowledge with the PSOC, I only used it for my university project and it worked.

I'm trying now to interface to an LCD screen (Topway lmt035dnafwu-naa) using the GraphicsLCDIntf block.

Since there aren't any example projects on this, I tried to do a hello world on my own.

I can't get it to display one character on the screen. Probablly because I don't even know the clock frequency, the LOW and HIGH read pulse widths. 

Anyone can help please?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jarrar,

After glancing through the datasheet of the LCD you have mentiond, what I understand is that there are 3 ways of interfacing with the LCD:

1) 8-bit data, 1-bit address mode.

2) 18-bit Address bus, 8 or 16-bit bidirectional data bus.

3) UART Communication.

If you refer to the table which gives the "OPCODE" and the parameter which has to be sent, you can send the appropriate commands using the Creator generated APIs.

For the frst interface mentioned above, the following component can be used.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the second interface mentioned, the following component should be used

By far, using UART for display is the simplest and straight-forward. It requires that you start and end the communication packet with "FF" and "FE" respectively. The opcodes defined in the LCD datasheet will be applicable to this also. However, length of the parameters is another extra byte to be transmitted along with the communication packet. The table below shows the packet structure.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, 4 analog pins along with ADC can be used for the 4 bars on the resistive touch panel to get the co-ordinates of a touch on the panel.

The configuration for measuring the position of touch will look something like this.

0 Likes