Force pin to analog component route and ADC references purposes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm an EET student that is making the rather steep leaning curve on my own from the PIC18 family to the Cypress PSOC family. I've found I learn best by setting out on a project with a purpose and then learn from my face-plants along the way. Couple of hopefully trivial questions for the online masses to help move me along:

1) How can you reassign which device is used/assigned in the analog routing? For example, I have a project with SAR ADC input on port0 and an seperate SAR ADC input on port3. For some reason the IDE auto-router decided to assign my port0 input to SAR1 and my port3 input to SAR0, with some rather interesting and unnecessary routing complexity. I'm having trouble figuring out how to force my SAR to pin relationship so I can keep as many future routing options as open as possible.  What is the intended work-flow for this?

2) There are a number of references in the analog routing window for the DeltaSigma and SAR ADCs that I can't seem to find any explanation of what they are. On the DeltaSigma: "vcm" (voltage common mode??), "qtz_ref" (looks like it sets full-scale??). On the SAR: "Vrefhi_out" (looks very routable, so I really can't figure out what its purpose is??).

I'm sure this will not be the last time I ask for guidance from the group. I ask for a little forgiveness as I ask some likely rudimentary questions as I learn the ins and outs of the PSOC system. Thanks!

-EM

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Go into the "design-wide resource", on the "Analog" tab. On the right hand side, select the component you want to change, and open it tree. There you see the SAR ADC, right-click and 'relocate'.

The other signals you are seeing are the internal signals of the DelSig ADC - its actually also a component created from multiple building blocks. You should not mess with them (until you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing...)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Go into the "design-wide resource", on the "Analog" tab. On the right hand side, select the component you want to change, and open it tree. There you see the SAR ADC, right-click and 'relocate'.

The other signals you are seeing are the internal signals of the DelSig ADC - its actually also a component created from multiple building blocks. You should not mess with them (until you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing...)

0 Likes