External inclusion of library files for RTOS in PSOC5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ankuc_3102491
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I'm trying to add FreeRTOS in CY8C5267AXI-LP051 MCU, I tried to add libraries in two different way

1. I have add only

• Source files
    • FreeRTOS/Source/tasks.c
    • FreeRTOS/Source/queue.c
    • FreeRTOS/Source/list.c
    • FreeRTOS/Source/portable/[compiler]/[architecture]/port.c.
    • FreeRTOS/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_x.cwhere 'x' is 1, 2, 3, 4 or
  •   Header files
    • FreeRTOS/Source/include
    • FreeRTOS/Source/portable/[compiler]/[architecture].
    • FreeRTOSConfig.h

As it is given in the below link:

Creating a new RTOS project

Issue I have facing in method 1:

In the each source file plenty of errors are popping as there are many dependency files to be added, I tried adding it but it seems to be never ending process.

2.Including all the files as it is in demo project

Issue I have facing in method 2:

Though all files are included errors are popping in many files functions as conflict type in functions as its prototyping is done in it respective header files but directories  inclusion is done by defining  MPU_WRAPPERS_INCLUDED_FROM_API_FILE.

Please guide me to add FreeRTOS in CY8C5267AXI MCU,

should I go with method 1 or 2 and how can I resolve the particular issues.

Is there any other method to add?

Thanks & Regards,

Ankita Kulkarni

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Ankita,

PSoC5 based project is available with the FreeRTOS complete archive. Can you use that project as the base project and make changes to that, instead of adding files to a blank project?

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Ankita,

PSoC5 based project is available with the FreeRTOS complete archive. Can you use that project as the base project and make changes to that, instead of adding files to a blank project?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply Hima,

Yes, I have tried to do use the same example code, But my controller is different[CY8C5267AXI-LP051]. The example code supports different controller.

And also i try to create new workspace with adding Free RTOS files but the compilation errors are random.

So could you please help to get any example code relevant to current MC which i am using.

And also i try to create RTOS project in PSoc Creater the support is not available for the current MC .

Is there any procedure to change the controller from the demo project?

Expecting your valuable i/p to proceed next.

Regards,

Ankita Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi Hima..

Thanks for your suggestion, as per your guidance, I have modified the demo code to change it to my controller part number (CY8C5267AXI-LP051) by just changing the device selector in the project.

Now I'm facing the Memory configuration issue(RAM size), please find the snippet of the error and guide me further.

Regards,

Ankita Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hello Ankita,

The demo requires more than 32K of SRAM, by default. You will need to reduce the SRAM consumption. For example you can reduce the heap used by the FreeRTOS. In the FreeRTOSConfig.h , there is a macro configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE. You can reduce the size allocated here. However you will need to make sure that the functionality of the tasks are not affected by this modification.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes