Dev Kit for PCoC3 + GraphicLCDIntf + 128x65 LCD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaMe_598781
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone -

I am planning to use a PSoC 3 (CY8C3245LTI-163) with a NewHaven Display NHD-C12865AR-FSW-GBW for a new design.

What is the best eval board / kit to use to get the LCD part working quickly?

The kit doesn't necessarily need to be PSoC3, but it needs to use the GraphicLCDIntf component.I want to get familiar with how to draw on the screen.

Thank you -

Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

This mainly depends on what architecture you want to work with and what goes into your design. PSoC3/5/4 all of them are supported with the Segger Emwin Graphics Library​ and have the GraphicsLCDIntf component for easy integration.

Please have a look at our product portfolios to choose the one which is most suited for your application: https://www.cypress.com/file/151476/download

Personally, I would suggest using the powerful PSoC4  MCU due to the following features and also because of its low cost when compared with the others:

• 32 bit performance
  • Low power consumption coupled with high energy efficiency
  • True 12-bit analog performance
  • Good range of low power mode options
  • Wide voltage range of operation
  • Good code density

Reference project: GLCD Interface in PSoC4 - Hackster.io

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

This mainly depends on what architecture you want to work with and what goes into your design. PSoC3/5/4 all of them are supported with the Segger Emwin Graphics Library​ and have the GraphicsLCDIntf component for easy integration.

Please have a look at our product portfolios to choose the one which is most suited for your application: https://www.cypress.com/file/151476/download

Personally, I would suggest using the powerful PSoC4  MCU due to the following features and also because of its low cost when compared with the others:

• 32 bit performance
  • Low power consumption coupled with high energy efficiency
  • True 12-bit analog performance
  • Good range of low power mode options
  • Wide voltage range of operation
  • Good code density

Reference project: GLCD Interface in PSoC4 - Hackster.io

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes