DAC (0-5V) PSOC Creator 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone!

I'm Fatih and using PSOC Creator 4.2. I have analog input so I used a ADC and I have digital input now

So I'm trying to use DAC and take analog 0-5V but i just taking 0-250mV output how can I fix this?

I'm reading this output with multimeter

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Faith,

Maximum voltage range achievable by VDAC will be 4.08V and if VDDA is less than 5 it can be further below(VDDA-1V). Your maximum voltage will be limited by that voltage. What is the voltage input to the ADC when you are getting 0.1V as the output ?

Best Regards,
VRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My file is example file its name is  ADC_DMA_VDAC  so

I attached it actually I didn't change anything in this file

0 Likes

The configuration of the VDAC hshows two ranges: 0 to 1V and 0 to 4V. You are using 0 to 1V in your project. Try changing the configuration.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Again,

I did some syncronize with your advice now i have 0.1-4(nearly)V output how can i do it to 0-5V

Actually 0.1 is would be problem but 0.05(50mV or less) wouldn't be problem Do you have a solve for this?

0 Likes

Please have a look at the DC specs of the VDAC component. Output is specified as 4.08V max.

What do you actually need to perform, so that a 5V output is required?

Bob

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Faith,

Maximum voltage range achievable by VDAC will be 4.08V and if VDDA is less than 5 it can be further below(VDDA-1V). Your maximum voltage will be limited by that voltage. What is the voltage input to the ADC when you are getting 0.1V as the output ?

Best Regards,
VRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I Found my problem I have 32bit Analog input from potantiometer and I'm using DMA(direct memory access) and DAC(8bit)

and I'm not converting my 32bit input just pushing to DMA and DAC so  printing 32bit input as 8bit output in my project

I have default DMA (C code) So if I convert 32bit input to 8bit input  my problem will solve So how can I do it?

0 Likes

This is not the problem's cause. See VDAC datasheet and VRS's post

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again

Actually i do not know what is the VRS but I'm trying to do like engine control unit

I'm reading current (voltage,electricity) with ADC from potantiometer(in fact it will be engine) and my input 32bit So

my job is just print it and give  output to multimeter so my 8 bit value (0-255) is working and multimeter reading  0-4V now

but while i taking down my 32 bit input 2^32 to 0 (from potantiometer) my DAC 8 bit output confusing in itself I mean its going down and

go back to peak such as  while i taking down my 32 bit input 2^32 to 0 VDAC output is 255 , 150 , ... to 0 -> 255 , 175 , .. 0 -> 255 in this time

my input were for one  (255 to 0) loop just changing 500 value such as 65500 to 65000 

0 Likes