Cypress Life Cycle Status

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kasulke
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!
Hello Community!

I am looking for information on these two parts, regarding their life cycle.

Are either of these slated to go EOL in the next couple of years?

I know there is a supply constraint on these right now, so I need to know what my realistic lead time is for both of these if ordered with you distributors now.

We have this as a critical part in our application and I need to mitigate the risk as much as possible.

CY8C3866AXI-208
CY8C3866AXI-040

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Chris.
0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Kasulke ,

It is hard to give a confirmative commitment on its long-term lifecycle as it is a slightly old product. While we will not actively obsolete them if there is good demand on them and there is no problem for us to manufacture them.
But we can assure you that there is no plans to obsolete these devices at least for the next couple of years, so you can safely use the same.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @Kasulke ,

Sorry about the delay and thank you for using our products.
I will inquire with our marketing department and let you know about the life cycle status of these products within the next 2 days.

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @Kasulke ,

It is hard to give a confirmative commitment on its long-term lifecycle as it is a slightly old product. While we will not actively obsolete them if there is good demand on them and there is no problem for us to manufacture them.
But we can assure you that there is no plans to obsolete these devices at least for the next couple of years, so you can safely use the same.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes