Bourns analog pressure transducer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joel_4789771
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins Welcome! First solution authored

I am using  Bourns pressure transducers P/N BPS130-HA100P-3S which are  analog transducer based on a Wheatstone Bridge. I have 5 transducer which are taking pressure signals from different places ( so later I Will multiplex them…).  So I have to condition the signals:amplitude level/filter/ AtoD convert (delta-signal to get the higher accuracy) ...to be used later by the microcontroller. I am currently using SPC 5LP -059 kit. Could you please provide background (application notes, similar applications, readings...) covering this application?. Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

The BPS130-HA100P-3S is a complete analog front end, which provides an amplified analog output which is proportional to the input pressure. The output voltage ranges from 0.5V to 4.5V and can be interfaced directly to the PSoC5LP's DelSig A/D converter without the need for an op-amp or a buffer in the path. Hence, I find this a very simple application.

You can kindly refer to Delta Sigma ADC in single-ended mode with PSoC 3/5LP, and use this as a starting point for the analog interface.

We have these following Application Notes, which might be useful to this pressure transducer interface.

AN2099 - PSoC® 1, PSoC 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP - Single-Pole Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) Filters

AN84783 - Accurate Measurement Using PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Delta-Sigma ADCs

AN68403 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Analog Signal Chain Calibration

In case you consider to use resistive bridge only pressure transducers (without an internal amplifier), like MPX2050 and so on, you can kindly review Weighing Scale Design: Using PSoC5LP..I think it should be similar to the pressure transducer interface.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

The BPS130-HA100P-3S is a complete analog front end, which provides an amplified analog output which is proportional to the input pressure. The output voltage ranges from 0.5V to 4.5V and can be interfaced directly to the PSoC5LP's DelSig A/D converter without the need for an op-amp or a buffer in the path. Hence, I find this a very simple application.

You can kindly refer to Delta Sigma ADC in single-ended mode with PSoC 3/5LP, and use this as a starting point for the analog interface.

We have these following Application Notes, which might be useful to this pressure transducer interface.

AN2099 - PSoC® 1, PSoC 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP - Single-Pole Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) Filters

AN84783 - Accurate Measurement Using PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Delta-Sigma ADCs

AN68403 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Analog Signal Chain Calibration

In case you consider to use resistive bridge only pressure transducers (without an internal amplifier), like MPX2050 and so on, you can kindly review Weighing Scale Design: Using PSoC5LP..I think it should be similar to the pressure transducer interface.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes