Bootloader over I2C with external microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a board where I am using the CY8C3666AXI-052 as a "slave" processor for additional functions that our main TI processor cannot do.  I have SPI and I2C links between the two of them.  I was trying to make it so I could reprogram the PSOC3 with the TI processor.  I was able to sucessfully make a bootloader and bootloadable project, wire in the MINIPROG3 to act as a bootloader host, and sucessfully reprogram the part using the bootloader over the I2C bus that links the PSOC3 and the TI processor.  What I have yet to find is any documentation on how to use an external microcontroller as a bootloader.  I can only find the document on the HSSP programming interface, which would potentially erase the bootloader if it went bad.  Does anyone know if there is a document showing how to run the bootloader from an external microcontroller over I2C?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

More importantly, I don't have a jtag interface connected between the two parts.  It seems so convenient to be able to reprogram the part over I2C and takes fewer pins, which is why I want to do it this way.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This might help -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=41002     AN60317

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes