Best approach to program a PSoC without miniprog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alma_284856
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hello everyone,

I am wondering what is the best approach to program a PSoC5 without miniprog. I found different way to do it but I have several basic questions to choose the one which fit with my needs:

-Using a bootloader USB-UART

​It means programming it once via a miniprog to put the bootloader, but can I use the same port USB to send data via USB-UART? There is no debug right?

-Using cy7c68013A 

I found the schematic in attachment. How does the cy7c68013A convert the USB to SWD? The I2C EEPROM is only to store the VID/PID of the USB? There is also no debug?  

-Using an other PSoC5 as the Freesoc 2

Do you have an idea of what is inside the second PSoC? A boatloader obviously, but how it allows to program and debug the other PSoC?

Thank you very much

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Get a CY8CKIT-043 or -059. It has got a snap-off programmer which you can use for programming most PSoCs.#

I am using this C language book, but you may start with the original by Kernighan and Ritchie.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Get a CY8CKIT-043 or -059. It has got a snap-off programmer which you can use for programming most PSoCs.#

I am using this C language book, but you may start with the original by Kernighan and Ritchie.

Bob

0 Likes
alma_284856
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hello Bob,

Thank you for the answer, but my goal is not to buy anything but understand what is in the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 to use it as Kitprog on-board Programmer / Debugger.​

Thank you

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The magic word is ISSP (in-system serial programming protocol). Type this term into the "Enter Keyword" field at top of this page and you will get some stuff to read that lasts for this weekend 😉

Bob

0 Likes