Addressing Problem in PSoc5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have PSoc Creator 1.0 Service Pack2 installed on my system and I have copied the freeRTOS folder in "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator" and when I open "FreeRTOS_Demo Workspace.cywrk"  from C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC it tel me taht I should update some components but after accepting to update it shows me the below error:

Log: prj.M0171: A workspace is being opened in a newer version of this tool than it was last saved in. In order to preserve the ability to open the workspace in that older version of the tool an attmept was made to create a backup. This operation failed due to the following so making changes and saving may result in the inability to open this workspace in the older version of the tool. 'Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\Backup\FreeRTOS_Demo Workspace.1.0_Beta_5.0.zip'.' This feature can be turned off from Tools/Options/Project Management/General/Auto-Backup Designs.
Error: gde.M0007: Save failed: (Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\FreeRTOS_Demo.cydsn\TopDesign\TopDesign.cysch' is denied.).
Warning: prj.M0030: Unable to save the project file "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\FreeRTOS_Demo.cydsn\FreeRTOS_Demo.cyprj": (Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\FreeRTOS_Demo.cydsn\FreeRTOS_Demo.cyprj' is denied.). Address the given problem before the project can be saved.
Error: sdb.M0036: Component update log could not be updated.

----------------Components are updated successfully---------------

and after this when i want to CLEAN AND BUILD  it it shows me teh below warning:

Warning: prj.M0030: Unable to save the project file "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\FreeRTOS_Demo.cydsn\FreeRTOS_Demo.cyprj": (Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\FreeRTOS_Demo.cydsn\FreeRTOS_Demo.cyprj' is denied.). Address the given problem before the project can be saved.
Build failed - one or more files could not be saved.

I think I hsoudl modify the address in some files but I don't know which file

anybody can help?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The error message flashed says that, Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\FreeRTOSv7.0.2\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC\FreeRTOS_Demo.cydsn\FreeRTOS_Demo.cyprj' is denied.

• Please verify if this file is read only. Possibly if the file is read only you can only view and you can not modify anything.
  •     
  • Does your user account have rights to access the file? Ensure that you are logged in as an administrator.
  •     
  • Copy the entire FreeRTOS folder to a different location other than progrma files and try building it.
  •    
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! the problem solved after changing the drive to some other drive than the one windows is installed on.

But I have a question

how can I port the FreeRTOS onto the FirstTouch Kit?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear that your issue is resolved. Which First Touch Kit(FTK) are you referring to? PSoC3 FTK or PSoC5 FTK?

If it is PSoC5 FTK, since the porting is already done for the family CY8C55XX family, it should work without any trouble.

Read this link to know more about RTOS resources, http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2232&rID=51341.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thsi is PSoc 5

But I want to know for example if I want to work with LED ports P2(0),P2(1),P2(2),P2(3),p4(0),p4(1),p4(2),p4(3)

forexample this is my code to count by LED, but where should I modify it in freertos?

void main()
{
    int i=0;
    while(1) 
    {
        for(i=0;i<=127;i++)
        {
        CyDelay(1000);
        Control_Reg_Write(i);
        }
    }
}

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I think you should first go through the basics of RTOS here, if you have not already done it. There is an RTOS implementation Example here.  This page consists of the list of all the APIs used in FreeRTOS, using this you can create a task and schedule them as you wish.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quickstart giude with all the necessary things for FreeRTOS is available here.

0 Likes