Adaptor for CY8C24994

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a CY8C24994 chip (QFN68). I understand that I can program it using a MiniProg1 device connected to my PC. But how do I interface the CY8C24994 with the MiniProg1? Are there adaptors available and if yes, where can I find them?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Nikhil   
You can program the 24994 by using RESET mode, MiniProg1   
You mean, this chip has no XRES, how to do?   
25894 has XRES pin, but 794 and 994 has no   
So, 994 only RESET mode available.   
OK?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        upside down!   
RESET mode -> Power cycle mode   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, my question is at a more fundamental level. I have a 24994 QFN68 chip. I don't have a MiniProg1 yet. I'm planning to get one. I want to know what additional hardware I'm going to require to connect the QFN68 to the MiniProg1 (like and adaptor) in order to program it.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

PSoC1s are programmed via the ISSP interface. When you have a look into the schematics of a PSoC1 evaluation kit, you'll see that the interface is rather simple (see attached picture), in the BOM you'll find the required connector.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I see   
Just only needs Receptacle header of Miniprog1   
It is ok that single-in-line-5-pins (100mil)   
Cypress recommand this ...   
http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=50010   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Some more Information for ISSP to be found here: www.cypress.com/

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I think a miniprog 3 is a better investment as it can also program psoc3/5lp so I would like to recommend you a miniprog3 instead of a miniprog1.

As has been said, the easiest way to program a psoc 1 is via ISSP. You just need to add an ISSP header to your board and connect you miniprog whenever you need to program the chip. 

However, a ISSP header takes some board space. If you are tight on space you could use a socket adapter to program your psoc1 before soldering it to the board

Unfortunatelly Sockets are quite expensive, and my personal experience is that it is a pain to load and unload the chips.

Another alternative to soldering a big ISSP is to leave small test points on your board carring the ISSP signals and using pogo pins in a breakout board to program

It is especially usefull when your board has to be really small. 

0 Likes