route pwm block to gpio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone. I am working on a project with the proc module and I'm trying to generate pwm signals using the 4x PWM block instead of the TCPWM. I read in the Technical Reference Manual that the proc has 4 UDBs and that is where the pwm is implemented. What I cannot figure out is how do you assign the pins where the pwm signal will be outputted.

In the manual it says on Section 😧 Digital System Universal "Digital Blocks (UDB) chapter on page 133" but there is absolutely no information about the UDB on page 133 or on section D. Is there another document that explains how one routes the signals from the UDB to a gpio?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Sorry, but a PRoC has no (zero) UDBs. What component (link?) are you referring to when you mention a 4x PWM?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I am referring to this document:

Programmable Radio-on-Chip With BLE (PRoC BLE) Architecture Technical Reference Manual (TRM)

The top level architecture on page 20 mentions 4x PWM. There is also a section explaining the PWM block, section 18.

There are multiple mentions of UDBs in the technical reference manual that I mentioned on my first post. On page 91 there is a table with available peripherals and  the UDB is mentioned on that table. Searching the document for universial digital block will find 7 mentions of the UDB.

What I am most concerned about is the PWM blocks. I want to generate pwm with those blocks and output the signals in GPIO pins, but I cannot find how to route the signals from the blocks to the GPIO.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

When you use an UDB based PWM block, it has its output as a pin on the component. This signal must be connected to a Pin component, which is then assigned to a physical (GPIO) pin.

SInce the PRoC BLE has no UDBs, you need to use the dedicated PWM blocks (which are separate from the TCPWM). But for them its rhe same - connect the outputs to Pin components.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. It's working.

0 Likes