"Setup time violation found in a path from clock" warning if IMO is higher than 24 MHz.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I want to use a Counter component as 32Bit Timer  in PSoC 4 BLE and I am connecting a clock source to counter clock and I am getting following warning: 

Warning-1366: Setup time violation found in a path from clock ( CyHFCLK ) to clock ( Clock_1 ).

I am getting this problem when the IMO is higher than 24 MHz. There is no warning for 24 MHz IMO.

So, what is the problem

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Found it: Set Pin_1 Synchronization to "Transparent".

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The max frequency for the 32-bit UDB up-counter is defined as 26MHz, look at the AC-specifications in the datasheet. You may use a clock with a lower frequency derived from IMO.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am already using new clock resources with lower frequencies which derived from HFCLK. I have also tried KHz but If the IMO is higher than 24 MHz, I am getting warning. 

My circuit is very simple, see below;

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

How is Pin_1 synchronized?

Best is usually to post your complete project, so we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Found it: Set Pin_1 Synchronization to "Transparent".

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

Originally, I was using a Control Register to reset Counter. When I was change bit mode from 'Direct' to 'Sync (or Pulse)', problem is solved.

Regards.

Murat.  

0 Likes